Join DermTech and make a difference in dermatologic patient care.
We are currently hiring for the following positions. When applying, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com. DermTech offers competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and a collaborative working environment. Join DermTech and make a difference in dermatologic patient care with our non-invasive breakthrough in cancer detection. DermTech Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
DermTech Account Manager: Boston, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, Ohio
The DermTech Account Manager represents the DermTech product portfolio to targeted customers within a designated geographical area. Responsible for creating product adoption (market development), and enhancing portfolio growth (account development), the account manager provides technical product and procedure consultation, lab process support, and directs patient services guidance. Assigned sales goals are obtained through account creation, consultative selling and implementation of the U.S. Sales/Marketing plan. The Account manager leverages DermTech’s resources to enhance adoption of the portfolio; synergistically works and coordinates activities with other DermTech personnel and support teams; complies with required reporting requests, and compliance policies; and effectively manages field assets and resources to include, but not limited to, expense management, computer and other allocated equipment.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist: San Diego, CA
The successful candidate will ensure that complex molecular diagnostic assays and systems are performed under appropriate CLIA compliance and regulatory requirements. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist independently performs clinical lab testing and other scientific examinations, record appropriate test documentations, and evaluates test results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform extraction techniques involving DNA/RNA, PCR and RT-PCR reactions, qPCR and RNA/DNA sequencing.
- Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and, following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Manager, technical supervisor, clinical consultant or lab director.
- Performs all aspects of laboratory procedures following safety guidelines and adhering to protocols as it pertains to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations.
- Responsible for assigned projects (instrument comparisons, instrument calibrations, staff schedules, process improvement, lab training and competency, assay or instrument validation, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline such as Biochemistry, Biology, Genetics, etc. required.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) License required.
- 1-2 years clinical laboratory experience with RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, RT-PCR, and DNA sequencing. Other molecular techniques a plus.
- Experience working with lab automation and LIMS systems.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of general laboratory techniques and medical terminology with emphasis for the department specific techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to operate equipment with proficiently to successfully execute test procedures.
- Computer skills and laboratory automation knowledge.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
- General office and laboratory environments. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Adheres to Department Specific Safety Guidelines.
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation with hands (pipetting), and lifting up to 25 pounds.
R&D Scientist: La Jolla, CA
This individual will focus primarily on product development and validation of new molecular assays. This scientist may also have the opportunity to serve as a technical lead to explore new technologies, identify creative and robust solutions to overcome technical challenges in our new product development, and work on rapidly expanding uses of our non-invasive platform for a variety of inflammatory skin conditions and cosmetic applications.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or a related discipline in biological sciences, and a plus with postdoctoral experience on cancer research (screening and identification of cancer markers)
- 3-5 years of industry experience in research and development of commercial molecular diagnostic products of complex gene systems
- Familiarity with the commercial clinical diagnostic product development process, documentation and transfer to clinical applications, QA/QC and CLIA
- Knowledge of nucleic acid analysis methodologies, including the latest DNA sequencing (NGS, Sanger sequencing, WGS and WGBS, etc.), nucleic acids isolation and quantification, advanced nucleic acid amplification methods or technologies relating to gene expression, genomic and epigenetic analyses
- Ability to conduct independent research and development work with goal-oriented instructions using sound scientific approaches and make decisions in designing, performing, analyzing and presenting the experimental results
- Ability to analyze molecular laboratory data with the latest statistical analysis tools
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Ability to collaborate and function as a team player in a cross-functional environment