Gene Expression and Cancer Detection Patents
DermTech has a broad, worldwide intellectual property portfolio, in addition to an umbrella patent that covers the use of any adhesive to obtain and analyze RNA in humans or animals, for any purpose. Patents have been filed for specific gene classifiers that distinguish a variety of dermatologic conditions, including classifiers that identify expression consistent with melanoma.
- “Tape stripping methods for analysis of skin disease & pathological skin state” 8/2011, no. 7,989,165
- “Method for detection of melanoma” 11/2007, no. 7,297,480
- “Tape stripping methods for analysis of skin disease & pathological skin state” 2/2007, no. 7,183, 057
- “Methods & kits for obtaining & analyzing skin samples for the detection of nucleic acids” 9/2005, no. 6,949,338
- “Method of detection of biological factors in epidermis” 4/2004, no. 6,720,145
- “Diagnosis of melanoma by nucleic acid analysis”
For further patent and trademark information, please visit the United States Patent and Trademark Office website at www.uspto.gov.